(i) ensure nutrients from the food we eat are absorbed.
(ii) maintain a healthy immune system.
(iii) prevent colon cancer.
Here are 6 steps you can take for your Gut Health:
1. Fill up on fibre
Fibre helps soften stools and prevent constipation, haemorrhoids and IBS.
Consider Jia Hor Fiber.
2. Drink plenty of water
Fibre acts like a sponge, absorbing water. Without fluid, the fibre can't do its job and you'll become constipated. So it's important to fill up on water - room temperature unsweetened water, that is.
3. Limit caffeine intake
Excessive coffee may boost acid in the stomach, leading to heartburn in some people. Try CEO Cafe Coffee, which does not clog up your blood vessels.
4. Get enough pre and probiotics
It is important to maintain the balance of beneficial and harmful bacteria in your gut, failing which you may suffer from abdominal pains, cramps and digestive system disorders.
Try Lactoberry, which contains both pre and probiotics.
5. Eat a healthy diet low in fats
Fatty foods are digested slower, and can cause stomach pain and heartburn, and may also affect gut bacteria composition.
6. Get more exercise
Exercises that increase your breathing and heart rate will also benefit your digestion, as it will stimulate your gut muscles, which in turn results in food being transported more efficiently through the gut.
(Source: Keep your gut healthy, Fit for Life, 1 May 2016)
If you're suffering from Stomach Discomfort (cramps, ache, spasms, bloating), you can try this formula:
1) Mix 2 sachets Jia Hor Soya Protein into 300 ml warm water. Shake well and drink immediately. The Soya Protein can neutralise your stomach acid, create a membrane layer and help to reduce feelings of pain.
2) Take together with 4 sachets Yung Kien Pollen, because the enzymes and coenzymes in the Pollen can help you digest food more efficiently and reduce the feelings of discomfort. Take the Pollen separately to prevent hot water from destroying the enzymes.
3) Also take 3 sachets Lactoberry probiotics. If the bloating is caused by malfunctioning colon and difficulty going to toilet, the replenishment with good bacteria can certainly help alleviate this discomfort.
4) Use hair dryer to blow at the navel area, about 3 feet away.
Form your hands into fists and use both knuckles to continuously rub the chest area using strong steady movements in a downward motion.
Use warm palm to rub the tummy in a circular motion, clockwise, for 30 times.
It is not advisable to drink milk when you're having stomach discomfort. Milk protein molecules are bigger in size. If you already have tummy problem, milk may make the situation worse, as your stomach is unable to breakdown and digest the milk.
The 2 strains of bacteria in Lactoberry probiotics are Bifidobacterium Lactis and Bifidobacterium Longum. These 2 strains are already present in our digestive tract so they can be easily accepted by our body. If you want to replenish your body with probiotics, I recommend you take Lactoberry.
Babies who are born vide caesarean section tend to lack these probiotics (resulting in frequent diarrhoea problem). Replenish by including half a sachet Lactobbery into the babies' milk everyday.
Drop me a mail at email@example.com if you want to buy Shuang Hor products to address your tummy discomfort. I am an Authorised Distributor.